I have done several other collars. Some designs were done out of necessity, some were just a bit different.
Re-using not only the haystring, but also the hardware that was usable, dictated some of the design. Trying to come up with a collar that could be removed, even with out braiding a buckle into it, was a project with conway buckles. However, collars made with the conway buckle didn’t hold as well, so I went back to stitching collars on (making them permanent until the stitching cut).
This one was made using short strings from small square bales. It is more bulky and has some splices in it. I thought that it would be weaker, but thus far it has held up amazingly well. I was given this string and don’t have anymore. If I did, I’d make more collars with it – especially for the babies.