The outdoor projects were put a bit on hold so that we could get some work done in the house. This, too, has been a long time coming.
Larry and I found flooring we agreed upon. The folks with Arbor Tech let us know that they could do that work as well – so it was started.
The carpet was pseudo cleaned up (mostly by me, Paula) and then AT crew came in and pulled it up. In some areas the sub-floor was in great shape and in others it needed to be replaced. It was replaced with 3/4″ plywood. The original flooring was not easy to get up/out of the house, she didn’t want to let it go. It was quite embarrassing for Larry and I to try to remove the sub-floor (think the house LAUGHED at us!) – AT were much better able to do the job, LOL.
The insulation looked good in all areas, but there were no support “sleepers” between the floor joist boards. So each time we did a floor, off to Lowe’s we went to get more 2″x6″x8′. We did this at least 1x per floor (3 floors) and on the one, we went two times as I didn’t get enough the first time. Also picked up lots of wood screws, extra finishing nails and the trim molding that Larry and I decided upon that would help to tie the “grey” flooring to the “gold” wood of the walls.
The first floor was started on 6 January, 2017. Here is a picture of what it looked like with the carpet.
The flooring didn’t get done that first weekend. So it was covered with painters cloth to protect the new sub-flooring from traffic and “marking dogs”. The next time that AT came out, the Shaw Vinyl Plank Flooring was installed.
and then we move into the Dining Room!