Waiting on Tory

Here are pictures I took of Tory on the 13th –

Cherry-Hill Olympic Victory
and then yesterday around 1pm –

and then yesterday evening –

She kept coming over to us (but just out of touching range) while we were handling Koalah and Guinness…

A couple of checks on her during the dry part of the night, the rain started about 5 am.  Even in the rain, no baby.  Then the sun popped out this afternoon around 2pm and still no baby.  BUT when hay delivered, she went right up to one bale and instead of rubbing her bum side to side to itch like most of the ponies do, she backed up and braced her feet and seemed to move up/down vertically while butt pushing.  I will be checking her throughout the night (though probably not staying unless I have a “feeling” that I should).  Yes, I know, we could (and I think?) have a foal tonight… or tomorrow morning or maybe a week from now…

About lppaintedponys

Husband and wife team raising shetland ponies, rescuing dogs/cats & becoming self sufficient.
This entry was posted in New Foals, News, Ponies and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s